We have a parent from out of state living with us who is dying of cancer. How can we establish CA residency for Medical without going to the DMV?

Asked on Sep 07th, 2017 on Elder Law - California
More details to this question:
Parent is from Alaska, We live in CA. He's very sick and is unable to go to the DMV. He has zero assets, and only income is Social Security. We would like to get medical for him as we may be unable to care for him at home much longer, as it's becoming too difficult.
Report Abuse
Answered on Oct 06th, 2017 at 6:57 PM
There are a lot of ways to show California residency: voter registration, utility bill, paystub, rent receipt, receiving public assistance at California address, and many others.  A Medi-Cal application is complicated.  Contact an attorney for a full consultation.

Report Abuse

Ask a Lawyer

Lawyers from our extensive network are ready to answer your question.

0 out of 150 characters