In Atlantic County NJ This is regarding getting paid for being P.O.A. for the past 2 years. Can it be done retroactive? Mom needs money for health.

Asked on Oct 25th, 2017 on Elder Law - New Jersey
More details to this question:
mom needs the money for health care. I want to claim it after she passes away.
Report Abuse
Answered on Nov 08th, 2017 at 6:31 AM
You are not entitled to a salary for serving as a POA.  If you are providing a specific service, such as doing accoutning work or legal work, you can charge the fees for that service.  However, the duty of a fiduciary is to not engage in self dealing, and you have to be very careful of doing anything that benefits you.  

Report Abuse

Ask a Lawyer

Lawyers from our extensive network are ready to answer your question.

0 out of 150 characters