> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Elder Law > how can you contest a pov

how can you contest a pov

1 Answers. Asked on Jan 19th, 2017 on Elder Law - New York
More details to this question:
Is there a way to contest a way to contest a legal power of attorney since my brothers are blocking me in finding out how my fathers care in the hospital is
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Jan 27th, 2017 at 7:23 PM

A health care proxy, not a power of attorney, gives a person the right to make medical decisions for someone else, and generally doctors and hospitals communicate with the person who holds the proxy. If you feel that the proxy, or the power of attorney, or your father's will was made under undue influence of your brothers- anything can be contested. You haven't mentioned if you're also being prevented from visiting your father- I'd be able to give a better answer with more information.    

Report Abuse
Elder Law
As adults age, they often lose some mental acuity while also facing more physical limitations. These health conditions put senior citizens at greater risk of exploitation and abuse. At the same time, the elderly need to think about their long-term medical and financial needs, and make estate plans to ensure their legacy after they pass away. An elder law attorney can work with seniors and their families to address issues such as advanced directives, powers of attorney, living wills and last wills and testaments. Elder law lawyers can also help families intervene if a guardianship or conservatorship is necessary. And personal injury law firms with experience in elder issues can help victims of elder abuse and nursing abuse take civil and criminal legal actions against their abusers.
Have an Elder Law Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

311 Answers, 20 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

223 Answers, 44 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

183 Answers, 25 Legal Topics

Anthony John Van Zwaren, Esq.

Attorney - New Jersey

107 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

75 Answers, 27 Legal Topics

Mr. Max L. Rosenberg

Attorney - Connecticut

69 Answers, 33 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

64 Answers, 9 Legal Topics

Have a legal question?
Get answers from local attorneys.
It's free and easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums