Moms trust

1 Answers. Asked on Jun 29th, 2015 on Elder Law - New York
More details to this question:
Trust, will, POA and health care proxy drawn up for my elderly mom in 2009. I am dissatisfied with the lawyer. If I use a new lawyer will I have to change the date. I am trying to avoid starting a new Medicaid look back. i am moms POA as she has Alzheimer's.
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Jul 27th, 2015 at 1:01 PM

It depends upon the nature of the trust and what type of changes, if any, might be necessary.

Report Abuse
Elder Law
As adults age, they often lose some mental acuity while also facing more physical limitations. These health conditions put senior citizens at greater risk of exploitation and abuse. At the same time, the elderly need to think about their long-term medical and financial needs, and make estate plans to ensure their legacy after they pass away. An elder law attorney can work with seniors and their families to address issues such as advanced directives, powers of attorney, living wills and last wills and testaments. Elder law lawyers can also help families intervene if a guardianship or conservatorship is necessary. And personal injury law firms with experience in elder issues can help victims of elder abuse and nursing abuse take civil and criminal legal actions against their abusers.
Have an Elder Law Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

316 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

239 Answers, 43 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

145 Answers, 26 Legal Topics

Michael E. Fiffik

Attorney - Pennsylvania

119 Answers, 21 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

100 Answers, 8 Legal Topics

R. Sam Price

Attorney - California

95 Answers, 13 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

87 Answers, 31 Legal Topics

Elder Law Local Law Firms  
In United States change location
Please select state Update
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums