> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Elder Law > how do I fight the state of nj

how do I fight the state of nj

1 Answers. Asked on Nov 10th, 2016 on Elder Law - New Jersey
More details to this question:
3 years ago my mothers house was transferred to me as the caretaker child. nj now says the made a mistake and put a lein on it. how do I get it removed
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Nov 11th, 2016 at 5:56 AM

If the house is owned by you - I don't know how anyone could put a lien on the house unless you signed for whatever debt mom is incurring.  The Caretaker Child exemption becomes important in getting a person Medicaid eligible.  If there was a gap between eligibility transfer of the house, and Medicaid, your mom might be responsible for those costs.  But still, I don't know how a lien was imposed with out a judgment or some other court proceeding. 

Report Abuse
Elder Law
As adults age, they often lose some mental acuity while also facing more physical limitations. These health conditions put senior citizens at greater risk of exploitation and abuse. At the same time, the elderly need to think about their long-term medical and financial needs, and make estate plans to ensure their legacy after they pass away. An elder law attorney can work with seniors and their families to address issues such as advanced directives, powers of attorney, living wills and last wills and testaments. Elder law lawyers can also help families intervene if a guardianship or conservatorship is necessary. And personal injury law firms with experience in elder issues can help victims of elder abuse and nursing abuse take civil and criminal legal actions against their abusers.
Have an Elder Law Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

316 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

239 Answers, 43 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

145 Answers, 26 Legal Topics

Michael E. Fiffik

Attorney - Pennsylvania

119 Answers, 21 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

100 Answers, 8 Legal Topics

R. Sam Price

Attorney - California

95 Answers, 13 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

87 Answers, 31 Legal Topics

Elder Law Local Law Firms  
In United States change location
Please select state Update
Stevens & Brand, L.L.P.

Lawrence, KS

| Contact Now

The McCartha Law Firm, L.L.C.

Huntsville, AL

| Contact Now

Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums