> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Elder Law > Althizmers grandmother lives with us and is on deed.Her son is POA and financial.She is alone all day.Can we remove her from deed and place her in hom

Althizmers grandmother lives with us and is on deed.Her son is POA and financial.She is alone all day.Can we remove her from deed and place her in hom

1 Answers. Asked on Mar 26th, 2017 on Elder Law - Pennsylvania
More details to this question:
Wife's althizmers grandmother lives with us and on deed.Her son has all powers.We both work and she is left alone daily. What are our options to remove her name from deed.Her son says since she is on it is our respomsibility.Can we get in trouble leaving her alone?Can we place her in a nursing home without his consent?
Tagged as:
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Mar 27th, 2017 at 8:49 AM

You're right to be concerned about her care.  You might consider contacting a local area agency on aging to request that she be assessed for her needs.  that would be step one.  As for changes in her assets, you might think about that after you make some decisions on her care and where it will occur (in your home or in a memory care facility).  Transfers of her real estate than have a significant impact on the sources of payment for her care so I would strongly recommend that you seek the advice of an estate planning or elder law attorney before you make any changes at all. 

I recommend that you seek out a local attorney for a more in depth discussion of the matter. I do not recommend that you take any action steps without such a consult. Act quickly because by waiting, you may lose certain rights and remedies available to you.

Report Abuse
Elder Law
As adults age, they often lose some mental acuity while also facing more physical limitations. These health conditions put senior citizens at greater risk of exploitation and abuse. At the same time, the elderly need to think about their long-term medical and financial needs, and make estate plans to ensure their legacy after they pass away. An elder law attorney can work with seniors and their families to address issues such as advanced directives, powers of attorney, living wills and last wills and testaments. Elder law lawyers can also help families intervene if a guardianship or conservatorship is necessary. And personal injury law firms with experience in elder issues can help victims of elder abuse and nursing abuse take civil and criminal legal actions against their abusers.
Have an Elder Law Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

348 Answers, 20 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

240 Answers, 46 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

163 Answers, 24 Legal Topics

Anthony John Van Zwaren, Esq.

Attorney - New Jersey

102 Answers, 17 Legal Topics

Michael E. Fiffik

Attorney - Pennsylvania

100 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Edward J. Dimon

Attorney - New Jersey

77 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

76 Answers, 35 Legal Topics

Have a legal question?
Get answers from local attorneys.
It's free and easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums